Richard Tice MP has told the media he does not trust the police, or ‘anyone else’ more than Nigel Farage’s private security team.

Richard Tice MP said Reform UK had not shared information with the Police (Image: Getty)
Reform UK did not share information of a security threat against Nigel Farage as senior party members say they do not trust the police.
Richard Tice, one of the party’s most senior figures, told the media this morning that evidence of what the party said was a “credible” threat against their leader was not handed to the authorities.
It comes after Mr Farage refused to attend the count in Clacton this morning, with a party source saying it was due to his security team being concerned of a threat.
Mr Farage has faced increased security concerns and has round-the-clock security, which Reform UK claim is funded by private donations – such as the £5million gift from the crypto-currency billionaire Christopher Harborne.
Speaking to Sky News this morning Mr Tice said: “Nigel’s security team are tasked with keeping him safe, secure and alive.”
He added that the team has made an assessment that they could not “guarantee” his safety at the event.
Mr Tice defended the security fears by citing the recent death of Ann Widdecombe, a Reform member, former MP and Express columnist.
Ms Widdecombe was found dead at her Devon home earlier this year. Mr Tice said: “We have in recent weeks, tragically and horrifically, had one of our close friends, a senior politician, murdered. And we have had the truth come out about an alleged firebombing in Nigel’s home last year.”

Ann Widdecombe was found dead in her Devon home (Image: Getty)
He told the presenter, when asked whether they had shared information with the police: “Obviously not, because the whole point of having a security team – who are carrying out intelligence from a variety of sources – is that has to be its own secure judgement. The last thing you do is give your enemies information.”
He added: “With the greatest of respect, we are literally just six days from when the Metropolitan Police, and the Counter Terrorism have had to apologise for not properly investigating a serious incident at Nigel’s home last year.
“In the nicest possible way I am going to trust Nigel’s security team more than I trust any police force or anybody else.”
Essex Police have previously said that there were no “incidents or issues” regarding the Clacton by-election on Thursday or overnight, and the decision of whether candidates attend the election count is “for individuals and their security teams”.
